Yellowstone River Fish Kill
Here is the latest info. The Yellowstone is open, partially. Read carefully.
The latest info on the Yellowstone River fish kill includes updates from the governor, the guides, and FWP.
We have spoken to a few Yellowstone river guides and they all say essentially the same thing.
Holy Shit. This could happen anywhere. We certainly hope it does not spread. We also wish FWP and the other agencies GodSpeed in figuring out how to address this issue, PKD, and wish the best for Livingston, and the greater community.
I know we wish all of our Yellowstone friends the best of luck. If you are in the neighborhood, or just passing through why don’t you throw a few bucks at them. Have dinner at the Rib and Chop House, a cocktail at the Murray, get some cool swag at Anglers West in Emigrant, stop in and say hello at Sweetwater Fly Shop, spend the night at Yellowstone Valley Lodge and don’t forget about their award winning chef, and take a soak at Chico Hot Springs. They will all appreciate your support.
- Here is the latest from the Bozeman Daily Chronicle in a good informational article.
- Check out the Yellowstone River Fish Kill Fact Sheet at the FWP site updated 8/29/16
- Check out this Op-Ed from Dan Vermillion in the BDC on Climate Change, the Yellowstone, and some steps to move forward
- The Drake Mag Op-Ed from Greg Bricker titled Beyon Parasites. How Western Water Law has drawn Blood from the ‘Stone.
- Montana Trout Unlimited PKD article
- Montana Wildlife.org w/ article Floating Fish and a Sinking Economy
Lots of opinions. Yep. Read them all and make your your own opinion. Again we wish all of our friends the best in this shitty ordeal. Rivers are resilient. They truly are. They are the lifeblood our our existence.