5 Essentials of the Cast
A couple months ago we talked about the 5 Essentials of the Cast. Did it interest you? Squeeky is a casting nerd, or wants to be one, and loves to talk about the fly cast.
Have you been practicing? The spring is upon us and even if you have not got that fly pole out of the corner the time is coming.
Go ahead and practice a little before you go out. Or not. Your choice. Those who toss the fly better, with more efficiency, catch more fish.
If you don’t like to practice, disregard this video and this post. Or, if you are already good enough…
Reminder: Free Casting Lessons, tips, and techniques at Craig Casting Club available by appointment. Call and one of our casting experts will help you in any manner you wish. Reach cast? Learnit here in downtown Craig. Certainly in the summer @ the Legendary Headhunters Saturday BBQ’s.
Review the first 2 of the 5 Essentials of the Cast on the Headhunters Blog first post here.
5 Essentials of the Cast by Bill & Jay Gammel
1. There is a pause at the end of each stroke, which varies in duration with the amount of line beyond the rod tip.
2. Slack line should be kept to a minimum.
3. The rod tip must follow a straight line path.
4. Casting stroke is increased with the length of line being cast.
5. Power must be applied in the proper amount and in the proper place during the stroke.
Not a fishing weekend, more of a family weekend. So, Memorial Day is reserved for you and your fishing Continue Reading→
Missouri River Flows
Great Falls Intl Airport, MT
Last Updated on May 25 2013, 4:53 pm MDT
Current Conditions: Fair
Wind: West at 4mph
Used Drift Boat For Sale
Used 2005 EMR with trailer, Cataract Oars, anchor, new rope, new NRS rowers seat. Trailer just rewired and hubs packed. Used hard but still in good shape. $4000 OBO. Call the shop.
eNewsletter Sign Up
They’re Just Sayin’
- Worm Tossin' Wayne on Missouri River Memorial Day Weekend Fishing Report
- Squeeky Oar Lock on Headhunters Flyshop Giving Back in Helena MT
- Richard 45 wt on Headhunters Flyshop Giving Back in Helena MT
- Richard 45 wt on Project Healing Waters Missouri River via Erie PA Excursion
- Murray on Project Healing Waters Missouri River via Erie PA Excursion