7 September Missouri River Tips
- Enjoy the outdoors. Colors changing, weather changing. Enjoy your friends. Whiskey is a nice liquid to harbor in your flask. Bring your JetBoil too. For the coffee.
- Dry fly caddis if you dare. Blind it out there in damn fishy water. 18″-36″ of water is a favorite hang for our trout.
- October Caddis come in September. Skitter it if you can. If you can’t, don’t. I’d try the canyon reach. Or lower. But not bad action in riffles and runs anywhere this next wk. Before the snow.
- The dam is good. Zebra’s are king.
- Callibaetis are out there. Feed it to large fish that have their pants down. Catch them.
- Find that middle ground. We have recently been fishing water that I have not fished in 20 years. Out in the middle off the upper end of center river riffles. Hold the boat appropriately and drift ’em. Another type of water is off the normal inside out lanes. Just move out another 20′. Or so. Feel it if you can. I like to go deep man. Inside my brain. Deep.
- Bring all kinds of warm gear the upcoming week ahead. It’s gonna be cold, snowy, and windy. Buy lots of gear at Headhunters including SIMMS raingear, gloves, neck gaiters, socks, and waders. Or a puffball.
- Look us up for hot coffee and WiFi after fishing this weekend. Or before.
And that is it today. Enjoy! Do your own snow dance at home. We are not finished with summer here in Craig, but Mother Mo has other ideas.