Headhunters Fly Shop June 15th Missouri River Fishing Report
Water levels coming up. Looks like 6390cfs today. Will it go higher? We don’t think so, but we did not see the current affairs looking quite like they have in Montana the past couple days either!
- Flows 6390cfs today below Holter Dam.
- Dearborn River Flows 242 cfs, dipping below floatable flows today.
- Mo River temps 55F.
- PMD’s. Yes. Riverwide. Cripples and spinners. Emerger success as well. First drift on the fish is good. If your first drift is bad? Well, that is on you.
- Ants? Yes.
- Caddis? Waxing.
- Nymphers that run deep are getting them. Stretch out your rig and add a split shot. 6500 is different than 3K. Worms, PMD nymphs rule, caddis pupa. Come by for our Euro Nymph selections. And, we have all of the good stuff in the bins. Headhunters is your Information Source on the Mighty Mo. Want to be educated? Want to learn a tie-bit of info about this big river? Come buy and ask questions. We are your fishing friends in Craig.
- Izaak’s open Wednesday thru Sunday 4-9. Check out that Fresh Sheet nightly. Some really great soups, unique cuisine, dee-viscous desserts, and of course Scotty’s hands crafted cocktails along with lots of local beers on tap.
- Lodging in Craig in June ad July is scarce. Call today and see if you can squeeze yourself in. 406-235-3447 ext 1.
- Streamer guys did well in the wind yesterday. Today, windy and sunny.
- Short-leashers are out there scraping up a few dandy’s. Look around and fid your niche. You don’t have to fish those nymphs deep man. You can do it how ever you wish. With some knowledge and river mo-jo.
- Dry Dropper rigs have been producing as well. Run it blind too. A great dropper? Split Case PMD wafting around the water column. Tailwater sow bug too. Unweighted.
- Craig Tap House open daily. Ten Mile Creek Brewery filling pints daily on Leonard Street south of the shop.
- Montana Red’s Food Truck open everyday but Wednesday. In front of Craig Tap House.
- Call if you need a last minute guide trip, lodging, info on the river, flows, wind forecast, hatch timing, and the fishy vibe you’ve been looking for.
- Headhunters is your information, education, entertainment, and customer serve ce expert on the banks of Montana’s Missouri River.
Some serious shoulders on that fish – incredible brown!
Looks like a ton of water coming. That’s Montana, drought one month and flooding the next.