Headhunters Fly Shop Weekend Fishing Report
The Weekend Update Facts:
- High(er) water again this spring with flows currently at 11,400cfs.
- Visability at least 2′ and in sore areas up to 4′.
- The river below the Dearborn River, while it has been inconsistent for fishing results, is certainly fishable. Not much color from with the Dearborn or Little Prickly Pear.
- Anglers spread river wide. Although I still hear the lowest reach is not fishing worth a damn.
- Izaak’s open thru Sunday 4-9pm. Shotgun Annies nightly.
- Sows are king. A bit of action on the BWO stuff. Firebeads. Rubberlegs. Beaded Sows. Ray Charles Pink. Caviar Scuds. Rainbow Czechs. And all of the knock-offs of the flies listed.
- Streamer fishing inconsistent to say the least. Flashy, then olive, then white, and yellow is the talk around town.
- 42F water temps. The BWO ‘s gotta be in the neighborhood.
- Flows should be stable for the weekend. No word of them turning it up.
- Snow and colder air temps in the forecast. Dress warmly.
- Headhunters has some lodging available for the weekend. Maybe some in town? The Craig Trout Camp is stuffed with Headhunters anglers. Stever Harvey group here for the umpteenth year. Thanks fellas!
- Have seen some Skwalas on the water. Fished them for many hours this past week. Not too many looking for it, yet.
- Some midge around. Some fish whacking them occasionally. Very occasionally. River too high fo r good dry fly action anyway. Next month we will have our breakthrough. Book your trip today with our crack booking staff. They will help you book the perfect May fishing trip.
- Free coffee always at Headhunters of Craig. Open daily 8am. Lots of new clothing in the store. Stop in. Stickers galore. Flies for every Missouri River occasion. Fly lines. Cool new Sage X colored rods. Easy free information. Free maps. Shuttles. Lodging.
- See you on the river. Enjoy your weekend. See us for all fo your Missouri River needs.