The bullet list today on the Headhunters Fly Shop Missouri River Montana Fishing Report May 28th ’15.
- The Dearborn is blown. You can fish below it if you wish.
- LPP is blown. No worries there.
- Sheep Creek? Clear for the most part. Always.
- Is the river green? Yep.
- Dry flies? Lower, not so much upper.
- PMD’s will arrive in 10 days.
- Sally’s? Later.
- Are there enough caddis around to make a difference? Yes, oh yeah.
- March Browns? On the way out. A longer stay than normal. Huh?
- BWO’s? Waning for sure.
- Water temps are moving up daily and are at 52F currently. A high of 54F a couple days ago. A trend for sure.
- Missouri River water flows below Holter Dam are at 4100 cfs.
- Canyon Ferry at 88.8% Wednesday night. Should be higher when you look right here.
- Rain for the remainder of the week.
- Will the bugs hatch riverwide? Maybe. That is a tough one.
- All techniques seem to be effective. Deep, short, shallow, super deep for the nymph rig.
- Worms? Yes.
- Streamers? Oh you betcha. Tug on them as fast as you want to now. Zippy is cool.
- Every derivation of a mayfly nymph? Definitely yes.
- Small bits of decomposed bugs are the topwater diet for most of the river, except lower.
- You can make an argument to fish later, later in the day.
Headhunters Fly Shop open late.
Entertainment, Education, Information, and Customer Service is what we stand for.
We’ll take care of you.