Bullet list Missouri River Montana Fishing Report today the 16th of June ’15.
- Flows: 4690cfs. We should be holding at around 4100cfs for the summer. Inflows at Toston are about what the outflows are here. Normal procedure.
- Water Temps: 56.5F. Cooled a couple degrees after the flows fell.
- PMD’s: Daily. Look for the emergence before noon. Then fish on for a few hours. on discernible daily spinner falls of any notice. Save for one. But that should become part of your day in the next week. Floating mergers, trapped duns, and transitional duns are all the rage. That is the word in the bar. Reality? Sort of. PMD’s will drive you to drink.
- Caddis: Still more popular on the reaches below Craig. Lots int he canyon and beyond. Flies that surf the film work the best.
- Nymphers: Take the pupal version of what you are seeing in the sky and on the water and sink it.
- Up down or in the middle? Your choice. All good my fishy friends.
- Late night? If the weather is hot fish on. If not, drink at Joe’s and eat at Izaak’s.
- The vibe is good and the bugs are out. Seasonable air temps have now put us back on our bug schedule. No longer are we 3 weeks in advance. water temps have leveled too and we can expect the 4.1K water levels for the remainder of the summer. Quite normal June conditions.
- Dearborn River has fallen to 280cfs. The floating season is waning. The Pear is low. All of the feeders are low.
- Shop open daily at 7am and open late for all your river needs.
We got the bugs you need.