The new year is upon us and we are damn excited. We never stop having a ball here at Headhunters. The excitement from learning is a driving force.
We are always learning about you, the river, and advancing our fly fishing technique and skill set.
A few things to put on your calender for the upcoming Missouri River winter and spring.
New Years Fishing, Spey Casting Clinics, HH Updates
- Headhunters Fly Shop open daily @ 8am for 2014 guide and lodging bookings, shuttles, demo rods, the best in fly line selection, Just Add Vise kits, or anything you may need for your current or upcoming Missouri River trip.
- FREE Spey Casting Clinic this Saturday January 4th @ 9am. Call today for your free reservation. An all day event with a classroom and coffee start. Then most of the day casting with a plethora of demo Spey Rods from SAGE, Echo, T & T, Orvis…and some others too. A bundle of instructors to help you get grounded in the art of Spey. Want to learn how to swing? See you Saturday!
- Sale items fill the store as we move into 2014. Some killer deals the remainder of the week. Cheap Demo Rods, SIMMS Waders, flips, fly lines, leaders, t-shirts, winter hats and caps. Stop in for our vast selection of cheap fly fishing gear.
- Guide Trips for the Winter $400. Get out of the house and get on down to Craig for your Missouri River fix.
- Craig Trout Camp lodging starts at $100/night.
- Headhunters now famous Spring Special begins March 15th and runs through the end of April.
- Missouri River Fly Fishers F3T in Great Falls March 14th.
- Headhunters Fly Tying Nights begin Wednesday January 8th 6pm. Lots of mid winter fun once a week. Come one, come all.
- Come try out an Adipose Demo Boat this winter and spring. You will really like it. Call Adipose Boatworks to arrange your demo here at Headhunters.
- The fishing is pretty good. The nymphers are really ganging up on the trout with good catch rates. Pink, big, small, black, or orange headed.
- Swingers are loving this weather as well. Sunny, or overcast they are finding fish in calf to thigh depth. Swinging towards the end with slow moving flies. Leeches, Kreekex, Red Headed Nightmares, black buggers etc…
- Some midging fish around the river. Mostly sporadic rise forms. Toss out a dry dropper rig for more catching. Although, sometimes the big midge-micro midge combo will work. If you like to go that route. Our vast Missouri River specific midge selection will blow you mind! It’s all good. It’s a new year!
Let us know how we can help in 2014. We are in the shop full time for anything you may desire…
Happy New Year. Let this be the year you bring your fly fishing game up a notch!
Been to a couple clinics so far. Really great info and casting that I can understand. Thanks Headhunters. Keep up the good work & God Speed.
Thanks Gene. Even with one eye, you get the job done.