Ninch’s Trout Spey Set-Up
Today we view Ninch’s Trout Spey setup. Ninch fishes the 2 hander most of the year when he is not tossing fires at rising trout. He is excited about getting out again soon when the weather warms this weekend!
You can see Ninch at the next Free Trout Spey Clinic Jan 28th and 29th and quiz him further!
Ninch’s Trout Spey Setup
- Rod: Echo TR2 Trout Spey 11’ 3” 4wt
- Reel: Echo Ion 6/7
- Backing: Dacron Fl. Orange 30# 60 yds (Bimini Twist both ends)
- Running Line: OPST Lazar Line 40# (Surgeon’s Loop both ends)
- Shooting Head: Airflo Skagit Scout 360 grains
- Tips: Rio iMOW Light 7.5’ int. x 2.5 T-8, or 5’ int. x5’ T-8
- Flies: Home brewed Fruit Roll-Ups
- Lanyard: Flyvines
- Nipper: Simms Guide Nipper
- Pliers: Dr.Slick 5.5” Mitten/Scissor Clamp Black
- Tippet: Rio Salmon/Steelhead 8#-12#
- Boots: Simms Vapor Vibram
- Waders: Simms G4 (Darth Wader Edition)
- Jacket: Simms Bulkley Jacket
- Gloves: Simms Freestone Foldover Mitt
- Cheese: Medium Cheddar
Thanks Ninch for your gear list.