It goes on easy, has a non greasy feel, and smells a little like coconut. I’s say we dig it!
Lots of different sizes and sun proofs from 30SPF to 70SPF. Most of the guides are applying the 70 while the rest of the gang has been opting for something less like the 50SPF or the 30SPF. The easy spray on version is gaining strength with anglers as you do not have to foul your hands or fly.
Small and large bottle available. Try the lip shit too. Banana and Grapefruit flavors will keep you smacking all day long.
Sun Bum Tips
- Apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before going out in the sun to allow maximum absorption and protection.
- Make sure you’re applying enough sunscreen (at least 3 tablespoons to cover your entire body). Reducing the quantity lowers the level of protection significantly. Pay special care too more sensitive areas, such as your ears, nose shoulders, cleavage and neck.
- Don’t neglect hard to reach and easily forgotten places, such as your ears, feet and upper back.
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours. Apply more frequently after swimming, sweating or toweling.
- We know it’s tough, but try to avoid intense mid-day sun from 11:00 am and 2:00 pm during the hot summer months.
- If you are taking medication, check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure it’s okay to spend time in the sun. Some medicines can make the skin more sensitive to the sun’s rays.
- Protect children. Children are particularly vulnerable to the effects of UV radiation and they often spend more time outdoors than adults. Parents should take special care to protect them from the sun using protective clothing, hats, sunglasses and sunscreens. Keep babies and young children out of direct sunlight
Check out all the cool media stuff at the Sun Bum Blog
A few more tips for your sun protection the remainder of the summer. You know you should rock the sunscreen in the winter too. The UV Rays are still around!
All Sun Bum sunscreens are:
Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Protection with Parasol 1789
Water Resistant / 80 Minustes. Highest possible rating.
Skin Cancer Foundation / Approved and recommended
Paraben Free / Does not contain this preservative
PABA Free / Safe for kids and will not irritate your skin
Oil Free / Will not clog your pores or cause breakouts
Sheer Formula / To ensure it goes on nice and smooth
Hypoallergenic / Will not cause common allergenic reactions
Anti-Aging / Contains the powerful antioxidant Vitamin E
No CFC’s / Will not cause damage to the ozone layer
Not Tested on Monkeys / Only on fly fishing Guides