Getting throughout the holidays can be difficult. Getting through the holidays without either fishing or planning for fishing can be really difficult.
Back on track here as I got kinda excited about winter fishing. YEs, winter fishing. We fish all winter long here on the Missouri River. Some days are better than others. There are plenty of days that the weather is not all that conducive for angling. Just not all that comfortable on days when it is too much below 32F. At 0F no chance of us getting out there for too long…
Missouri River 2015 Lodging Update
Ninch wanted me to let you folks know that the lodging scenario for both June and July is fading away rapidly. Already the two most popular Missouri River months for fly fishing and consequently lodging June and July lodging is always tight. This year is now different.
The amount of advanced 2015 bookings for June and July is pretty overwhelming. Dry flies and long days with nice warm seasonable temperatures bring many anglers to Montana’s Missouri River for these favorable months.
The upshot is as follows. Ninch says,
“Book now or stay in Helena or Great Falls this June and July. And, might as well get your guide locked in too. It makes a lot of sense to get these reservations in the books before the New Year arrives setting your trip in stone for 2015. Don’t be left out yearning for your favorite Craig Trout Camp cabin or any one of our killer riverfront properties.”
Headhunters Winter Fly Fishing Events
- Free Spey Casting Clinics begin this Saturday December 6th @ 9am. Call today and get in one of the last spots for this well attended and excellent worthwhile free 2 handed casting clinic. We’ll also show you how to fish with your Spey/Switch rod for Missouri River success. Not just a casting clinic, a fishing clinic too. Morning session is an indoor coffee and donut filled PowerPoint presentation by John Arnold. The noon to 3pm outdoor casting session with lead instructor John Arnold and supporting staff from Headhunters Fly Shop and friends including Sara Roholt, Ben McNinch, and Mark Raisler. We also have guest instructors and tackle reps at nearly every event. A great time to try out and find the Right Fly Line for your 2 handed spey rod. We have a mountain of lines that will be appropriate for your rod. Bring your gear and we can help! Demo rods on the river as well from SAGE, Echo, T & T, and Orvis.
- Clinics Saturdays Dec 6th, January 10th, February 6th, and March 6th. Sign up for any of them today by calling Headhunters Fly Shop @ 406-235-3447
- Craig Trout Camp Lodging begins @ $125 for the Brown and Rainbow Cabins. The Craig House is $150/2 and $50/head for every add’l guest.
- Headhunters open daily @ 8am. Closed on Christmas Day. Open in the am Christmas Eve. Open New Years Day!
- Get your Headhunters Gift Card at the shop or call and we will pop one in the mail for you, or your wife.
- Headhunters famous Fly Tying Nights tentatively planned for Wednesday nights January 7 & 21, February 11 & 25, March 11. Usually starts @ 6pm and runs a couple hours. More on Fly Tying Night in America as we start the New Year.
- Swing Season Guide Trips “Spey Only” for $300 through the end of the year.
These events and many more coming the remainder of 2014 and into the 2015 Missouri River Fly Fishing Season. We are here int eh store daily to help in any way we can. See you this weekend at the Spey Clinic or just stepping out for a nit of wade fishing.