Friday Missouri River Fishing Forecast July 19th
- Fishing this weekend will be good. Trico’s in some sort of fashion, PMD’s, Caddis, Brown Drakes, occasional Pseudo’s, and Sally’s should keep you busy fielding dry fly opportunities.
- The upper river is great for the dry fly angler. If you like the flat dry fly sort of thing.
- The canyon is fabulous for the nympher and the blind dry fly angler. Dry-Dropper angler too. Streamers? Sure.
- The lower reach is good for the evening Drake, the swinger, the stripper, the terrestrial fanatic.
- Water temps creeping upwards in the lower 60’s. Not an issue. Just reporting the facts man.
- Water levels in the lower 6K range with 6340cfs at time of press. Love t. Great for rising trout and casting big dry flies at the shore.
- Big Swans and Pelicans and Penguins and Flamingo’s are out there floating on the weekends. Kayaks too. Lots of Kayaks. Lots.
- Spinners, scents, cripples, skitterers, emergers. All good all day long. The dead fly here on the Mo is the key to long term dry fly success.
And, Dead Flies Don’t Swim.
Come by for shuttles early and late. The new Headhunter Fly Line is creating a local buzz. HH Logo Gear galore. The coolest in stickers on the river, by far. Shades from Costa, Smith, Fisherman Eyewear, Suncloud and more. 150+ pairs to choose from, the leading selection in the canyon and beyond. The Best Flies in the Big Sky, fully stocked bins with all you need for your Missouri River dry fly day(s). Guides, 36 lodging options, casting instruction. Just Add Vise Tying Kits exclusively at HH of Craig. Free WiFi. Free Coffee. Free River Maps. And lots and lots of BS.
Entertainment, information, education, and the best in Customer Service @ Headhunters Fly Shop and Guide Service.
Open daily 630am-9pm