Mark Raisler Trout Spey Set-Up
The break in the weather this week has got us out there fishing on the Missouri River again. Hooray!
Happy Valentine’s Day too. We know you set your sweetheart up with something nice. Now, don’t forget about yourself. You deserve some love too! Facilitate your needs too. We have often called fly reels male jewelry. Trout Spey rods are a good way to your own heart as well!
Today we look at my Trout Spey outfit here on the Missouri River.
- Rod: Sage ONE Trout Spey 3100 11′ 3 weight and Sage ONE Trout Spey 2109 10′ 9 weight
- Reel: Sage Domain
- Line: RIO Scandi Short 240 for the 3 wt and Scandi Short 210 for the 2 wt.
- Leader: RIO Salmon/Steelhead 12′
- Wader: Simms G4Z
- Wading Boots: Simms Vapor Vibram
- Jacket: Simms DownStream
- Gloves: Simms Wool Half-Finger
- Hemo/Nipper: Dr. Slick Mitten Scissor Clamp
- Flies: Simi Leech, marabou leeches, small buggers, soft hackles.
- Shades: Smith